Good afternoon! Today's bokeh technique is brought to you by the one and only, wonderful Stacy Buller. She made this card and I basically begged and pleaded with her to teach us all!
So here we go... enjoy, and Thank you Stacy! <3
For this technique you will need:
3-4 colors of Distress inks, including Picket Fence (although in the video that inspired this she used a Mixed Media white ink by Colorbox)
1- Cut your watercolor paper to the desired size.
2- Spritz paper with water making sure it is nice and wet.
3. Rub your distress ink pads onto your craft mat
4. Using a wet paintbrush, apply colors to the wet watercolor paper. If you need to add more water to move the ink around, you can.
5. Dry paper thoroughly before moving on to the next step.
6. Next you are going to start layering circles of distress ink. I begin with the darkest color and work to the lightest. Take a circle stencil (if you don’t have a circle stencil you can make one by punching various size circles into scrap paper) and begin applying circles randomly around the page. I used 3 different size circles on my stencil.
7. In the final step, apply Picket Fence or any other white ink through the stencil to create that soft bokeh glow.
Here are a few examples of the finished card front and even a scrapbook page!
A direct quote "I even bokehed my journaling!"